The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

double sided t shirt throw I saw today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6797
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: double sided t shirt throw I saw today   Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 pm

We had a mini craft market at the preschool where I teach today....some of the moms in the school brought their wares to sell to the other parents. One is a quilter....sells lovely memory throws with photos and embellishments.....she also does scherenschnitte....the fine paper cutting art. She's very talented. She had a t shirt throw she had made that was double sided...it was so soft and cuddly....I loved it. She had stabilzed the tshirts with a light stabilizer and had sewn the squares from the t shirts directly together...no sashing....on both sides. She bordered it with small squares of used blue jeans alternated with a print....looked neat. She doesn't put batting in her double sided throws like that....she says it makes them too heavy since the t shirts are heavy. (Of course...we don't live in a very cold climate here either.) She tied the quilt. She said the layers stay together really well...the tshirts tended to cling. It was so soft with the soft worn tshirts.....I think I might do that with my sons shirts....he has a ton. Anyone ever seen one done like that?
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: double sided t shirt throw I saw today   Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:29 pm

sounds interesting... if you make one take pictures.... would love to see it...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

double sided t shirt throw I saw today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1