The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Which do you want, pick a color or pick a theme?
Recipient picks the color and size
40%
 40% [ 6 ]
Recipient picks the theme and size
60%
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:35 am

Pookie wrote:
Hi Princess Kris Gimpy Cat had a fabulous idea my birthday is 7th May so if no one minds I will swap to April which also takes the pressure of the Month of May ....
Ohh and thank goodness Princess Kris mean't January the following year but that seems sad so far away are you sure you want to swap three's not that many??

Thanks for switching. It does take the pressure off of May and allows us to have something to make in March for April! Thanks!! Thumbup That will be a blessing, for sure.

I do not mind waiting. I am the lucky one, I will get to see, maybe, all of those lovely blocks coming in. (If no one puts them in envelopes, like I did last year. LOL! Poor Lora, she could not see what I had made. HMM That might actually be a blessing in disguise.)
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:09 am

Oh boy, oh boy - I got something totally wrong. I thought PK wanted to be funny and try to sneak into January 2009 - a totally overseas-german-missunderstanding-disaster.

Hey PK I apologize for my comment if I was rude - Im so sorry I really got it totally wrong - just started to understand while I was reading the other answers that you wanted to take off the pressure of the month with alot of birthdays. Embarassed And of course you can move me too - I dont mind about waiting either.

Last edited by bizkitea98 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tlcquiltnut

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:02 am

Cottonpicker wrote:
Pookie, PK moved to Jan, but that is Jan 2010. Feb will be the first Bd we have to get there in time!

Sooooo does that mean she is not participating this year.....I am cornfused...
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:45 am

bizkitea98 wrote:
Oh boy, oh boy - I got something totally wrong. I thought PK wanted to be funny and try to sneak into January 2008 - a totally overseas-german-missunderstanding-disaster.

Hey PK I apologize for my comment if I was rude - Im so sorry I really got it totally wrong - just started to understand while I was reading the other answers that you wanted to take off the pressure of the month with alot of birthdays. Embarassed And of course you can move me too - I dont mind about waiting either.

lol! Karin, you were not being rude, NOT AT ALL! It was funny. I knew what I meant, 2010 not 2009. I just did not type it. So really, it was all my fault for not being specific. So, DO NOT apologize, there is no need. I am the one who owes the apology. I am sorry. Really!

tlcquiltnut wrote:
Sooooo does that mean she is not participating this year.....I am cornfused...
Not at all. I am participating. The swap starts with Feb and ends with Jan 2010. That way there is no pressure to get things to me by Jan 2009 for my "adopted" birthday. Oh, I think I am just making things worse. Just mail blocks for PrincessKris in Dec 2009. Okay?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:46 am

Clear as mud?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 pm

All right, the stage is set! I just put the information into the computer.
Month Screen Name Finished Size Theme Color(s)
Feb quiltbrain 10 baskets 30's on white
March
April Pookie 12 baskets purple/cream
May Bearfoot
bizkitea98 9 Patriotic
June Cottonpicker
hammerlou
July iambuzzysma any butterflies
Charal
August quiltermarynel
September Linda 2B
October
November StillStitchinInAlva
tlcquiltnut
December stcycly66 12 Sunbonnet Sue
January PrincessKris

As you can see, we have no one for October or March. If someone from May, June, or July would like to switch, give me a holler! I am happy to move your birthday! LOL! Oh and bop me on the head if I got your info wrong, like your choices.
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:43 pm

PK, I finally made a decision on my blocks...well sort of. I want any size (and I don't care if they are all different, in fact that would work best!) and scrappy. The pattern...whatever you make.
How about that for non-committal... :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:40 pm

bizkitea98....question

You want a patriot block... Patriot in the states is red, white and blue...but if I remember correctly you live in Germany, what do you mean by patriot?????

BearFoot.....making it really hard for us huh????? lol

Oh stcycly66.....SUNBONNET SUE!!!!!! I've been wanting to do one of them!!!!!!

this is getting exciting just planning the blocks again!!!!
Back to top Go down
LEM

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:21 pm

PK,

Sorry I've not chimed in earlier or more often - you know about my travel schedule -- yikes! Anyway, when we were on the other forum, I said I would love to play too. If it's not too late, I'd love to be added to the August birthday list. If it's too late, I understand. You have to keep your deadlines.

Your call.
LEM
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:24 pm

I am up for it, Lora!!! Welcome! (That is my vote, anyone object???)

Charal, thank you for asking Karin that! I meant to on my last post but got distracted by a small child who decided to throw her bowl down the stairs. UGH! Fortunately only had dry cereal in it, easy to clean but the bowl is smashed. :affraid: I am not sure what is next..... afraid to find out!
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:39 am

charal wrote:
bizkitea98....question

You want a patriot block... Patriot in the states is red, white and blue...but if I remember correctly you live in Germany, what do you mean by patriot?????

Ups yes didnt thought this far doh I would like the colors of each swap-members country

PK - Im reliefed I was really worried about

LEM - I was thinking about you cause you werent on the list - welcome to the swap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:09 am

bizkitea98 wrote:

Ups yes didnt thought this far doh I would like the colors of each swap-members country

What a neat idea beixkitea98!!!!!

LEM...so glad you are joining us!!!!! hug08 Hope you travel will slow a tad during the holidays to give you a chance to breathe..... gift2

Cheesy YIKES, PK you sound so calm!!!!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:42 am

Not exactly. It rattled me a little. But since DD seems to like to throw things at me, it is nothing new. She got her little tushy smacked though. Of course, it sounded painful but I am sure it did not hurt at all. Diapers, you know. Besides, she just wanted to let me know she was done eating and wanted attention. Kids......
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 am

Bearfoot, you could not be more non-committal if you tried! lmao
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 am

Welcome Lora! So now we are at 15?

Haven't decided on what I want yet but leaning towards stars of some sort. Will let you know soon. I have a long way to go to November but I know that some of you like to get them done and out of the way. Me, for one!

Hmmmmm, now to find a basket pattern. I have never made one either. That is why I love these swaps. Makes me move out of my comfort zone.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3327

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 am

PK,
Is bizkitea98 moving to March? I read something in the thread and wanted to be sure.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Linda 2B wrote:
PK,
Is bizkitea98 moving to March? I read something in the thread and wanted to be sure.

Not officially yet. So, let's make it official. Bizkitea, Karin, would you like to move your birthday to March?
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 am

Kris - thats fine with me - move me where ever you want me to

Thumbup
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:07 am

Well, you are now a March baby! LOL! That leaves October open. Any June, July or Aug babies want to be October? There are 2 in each of those right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 am

PK I have no objections of moving.....(Does that mean the aging process is stalled for a few months too????) :D
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3327

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 am

PK,
If Charal is willing to move to October every month will have at least one person.
How about it Charal? Sound ok to slow the aging process a couple of months. azn
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:27 pm

charal wrote:
PK I have no objections of moving.....(Does that mean the aging process is stalled for a few months too????) :D

Of course it does! LOL! :yahoo: Why do you think I moved to January? winking

Okay, every month has one except June, August, and November, which have two. (I did not ask if November babies wanted to move. I had not double checked my list before I asked. You know, every time I think I have a handle on things, I just find out I don't. Embarassed ) Here is my list. Make sure I did not forget anyone, Okay??

Feb quiltbrain
March bizkitea98
April Pookie
May Bearfoot
June Cottonpicker hummerlou
July iambuzzysma
August quiltermarynel LEM
September Linda 2B
October Charal
November StillStitchinInAlva tlcquiltnut
December stcycly66
January PrincessKris

I have counted, and counted, and counted once again, to make sure we have 15 on that list. LOL!

Last edited by PrincessKris on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:46 pm

I just had a really good question asked of me. "When will I need to get my blocks into you?" Here is my answer. I will need the Feb blocks by Feb 1, so mail (if in US) by Jan 26th. Not sure outside of US, I don't know how long things take to get from there to here. I will post a reminder around Jan 23 so you will have a weekend to get it made, if you had not. I will do that every month. I will also post a list of whose I have received on Jan 31. And will do that each month. I will also post the up coming wish list for March birthday girl, just so you can remember.

So, having said that, keep thinking about those difficult choices. I have 5 mostly finalized choices on my master list. I have my own choice listed as well. I would like 12" finished hearts. Any colors, your favorites, if possible. (Does not have to be typical Valentine's colors of red, pink, white and purple.) Any style, pieced, applique, color drawing, paper pieced, what ever you wish!
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3924

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:54 am

PK, you can add my preferences to the list.... I like the 12" finished hearts, color choices would be everyone's favorites.... and like PK, they don't have to be red/white. O, and PK, sweetie, uh, I'm Hummerlou! You are doing a fabulous job with this, we all really appreciate you! :) :yahoo:

Last edited by hummerlou on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh good grief. One of these days. I think after I get more than 3 hours of sleep in a 24-hour period, I might just be able to put my head together. I am sorry about the misspell, Lou.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Today at 11:25 am

Back to top Go down

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next