The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Which do you want, pick a color or pick a theme?
Recipient picks the color and size
40%
 40% [ 6 ]
Recipient picks the theme and size
60%
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:32 am

No one has piped up to claim Feb yet. Does anyone have a Feb birthday?
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Birthday block swap   Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:04 am

My BD is Nov. Loooonnnnnnggggg way away! cry2 Lots of time to come up with mine!

PK, Your plan is fine with me. I also look at it as a challenge. scratch

Karen
Back to top Go down
tlcquiltnut

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 am

It is past Friday but I pm'ed PK and told her YES I would love to participate.....so I am in too.....OH BTW November BD here......
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3328

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Mine isn't till September!!
Glad you're in TLC!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:16 pm

tlcquiltnut wrote:
It is past Friday but I pm'ed PK and told her YES I would love to participate.....so I am in too.....OH BTW November BD here......

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

YAY! I am so glad you want to join us! I know it will be hard to wait for November though. Waiting for June is hard! lol!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 pm

I just PM'd Pookie, since she was the only other one who had expressed interest in the swap. Is there anyone else I have forgotten?

Okay, start thinking of what you wish to see in your mailbox. mailbox (Winning lottery tickets won't show up there, sorry. You will have to go to your local gas station or grocery store for that! HEHE lol! ) The decisions will need to be finalized on Dec. 31st. (I won't be on here until the first though, so you can sneak in at that point. LOL!) If you already know, you can speak out and let everyone else know, too. The decision of theme or color and then your preferred size (I am not talking dresses, either!) Have fun, it is a hard choice but an enjoyable one, IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm a December birthday. I'm waiting on the blocks for this year right now...I keep asking the kids if any packages have come for me... mailbox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi and thankyou Princess Kris for the PM it was a good kick in the behind....Why not I'll give it a whirl
I'M IN My birthday is in May so a while to go......I guess you will post a final note with all the details when you have it sorted.... I am cheating and choosing a colour and size not sure whether to pick a theme or see what comes LOL

I will keep looking for the details should be fun....It's like giving birthday hugs the whole world round hug08
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:28 pm

I already know what I want! BUTTERFLIES,butterflies,Butterflies!!!! Any size, any color and any method - your choice. When I eventually have enuf, I'll make a collage type quillt using small flower prints to even up the blocks.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Pookie wrote:
Hi and thankyou Princess Kris for the PM it was a good kick in the behind....Why not I'll give it a whirl
I'M IN My birthday is in May so a while to go......I guess you will post a final note with all the details when you have it sorted.... I am cheating and choosing a colour and size not sure whether to pick a theme or see what comes LOL

I will keep looking for the details should be fun....It's like giving birthday hugs the whole world round hug08

WOOHOO!!! I am glad you've decided to play. It is really not a taxing swap, I promise! And May is a good month! I was only 1 hr and 37 minutes too lated. OH SO CLOSE! I could have had the lovely emerald for my birth stone! GRR! (Was born at 1:36 am June 1. Go figure!)

Well, I am going to take a stab in the dark and say that buzzysma likes butterflies. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Oh I did see in several different magazines patterns for butterflies. That will be an easy choice for everyone, I think. You could do PP if you want, you could do regular piecing, or applique! (Of course you could cheat and just send a lovely piece of butterfly fabric. Just kidding! Though I would probably do that too, just so buzzysma has a choice of using the block I made or the piece of fabric, or both! LOL! lol! )
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:14 am

I still wanna play toooooooo! I just havent thought about a theme yet - blame me.........

PK I like the idea that everyone can pick what ever they want.

IŽll send you a pm with my infos and a theme tomorrow.

Do we sign the blocks? I liked it on the last swap with everyones name written on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 am

PK....I like the idea of everyone selecting what they want too.....lots of fun. Still thinking of what I would like.....my b-day is in July. When is the deadline for submitting our infor????

Getting excited!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:16 pm

I have a February bday. It's the 20th. I would like 10" (finished) basket blocks.

Stacy - I am still waiting to finish your bday block. My machine was in the hospital AGAIN. It is going to get replaced, but had to wait until a new one got ordered. My new machine is on it's way, then your block will be on it's way to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 pm

The preliminary rules are as follows:

*100% cotton, best quality you can find, or have on hand. (Jo-Ann's is carrying a quilter's line now so you can use that.)
*Pre-wash, please. Some of these quilts are likely to be washed, so pre-shrinking will save heartache for the receiver.
*Sign with your name, your QLR's screen name, your location. (i.e. Dayton, OH USA)
*All blocks are to be sent to me by the last week of the month prior to the birthday month. (i.e. I need Feb blocks by the end of Jan, March blocks by the end of Feb, etc.)
*Send your first block(s) with a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope). That way, when your birthday month comes around, you can get your lovelies very quickly!

These are just the preliminary rules. They are the same as last time, for those who played in the 2008 swap. It is the same as most swaps, I think.

Any questions?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Oh yes, all decisions need to be finalized by Dec 31! azn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Q-brain -
No inconvenience at all on my end, but I'm so sorry your machine is in the hospital, again.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11393

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:48 pm

I want in. Butterflies sound great to me too, but i'm in regardless.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 pm

quiltermarynel wrote:
I want in. Butterflies sound great to me too, but i'm in regardless.

WOOHOO!! :yahoo:

I am glad you are in, Marynel!

Now comes the tough part... choosing your theme and block size, or your color(s) and block size. I am swaying in the breeze still...
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:01 pm

OH yes, I just thought of something. Please forgive all of these posts by me, I am really new at this!
Anyhow, IF someone wants crazy quilt blocks, you need to stipulate if you want only 100% cotton, or if you want a more traditional look with fabrics that might be satin, silk, polyester and so on. I will stipulate that if they are put onto a foundation that it is a square, though. Diamonds are hard for some people (ME!!!!) so we need to keep it simple for them (ME!!!!), okay?
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 pm

:mockery-017:
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11393

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 pm

iambuzzysma, I see you! police
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:22 pm

:yahoo: a Feb. birthday! I've never done a basket block. Will need to go lookin for a pattern. Any color requests Quiltbrain?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:11 am

LOL! You can find some, LOTS, of basket blocks on the quilters cache website.
http://www.quilterscache.com/
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3328

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Quiltbrain,
I have Questions?
1. Do you have a color choice, basket color or background?
2. Do you want 10" finished or unfinished
Theme is baskets, I got that one! :lol:
I've never done a basket either, this will be fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Today at 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next