The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Which do you want, pick a color or pick a theme?
Recipient picks the color and size
40%
 40% [ 6 ]
Recipient picks the theme and size
60%
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:39 am

DH brought in a squishy and left it sitting on the steps. I never even saw it until a few minutes ago. It is from TLC! HOORAY! It is for Charal and it is lovely. I will post a list of those I have tomorrow. Too sleepy now. LOL If you know yours isn't here, please get going! I need them ASAP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Linda2B your lanterns are all so bright and cheerful......can't wait to see the quilt

:gift1: I'm getting excited about my squishy package!!!!!
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:48 am

PK - you shoud be getting my 2 October blocks early this week. I hope they are what they wanted!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:31 am

They are perfect, IABM!! Wanted to let you know they got here... took DH a while to give the squishy to me. GRRR But I have it and have petted the blocks, so lovely, so they are ready now. HEHEH

I have CottonPicker's squishy too. They are wonderful! They have been well petted too, so they would not feel neglected!

FOr those who have yet to send them, I need the blocks for StillStitchin (10in SBS on BLEACHED muslin, from Quilter's Cache.. will post link at bottom of post) and TLC (12in Civil War log cabin) They are due by Hallowe'en. :witch1:

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SunbonnetSueBlock.html
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 pm

I got my birthday SBS from Bearfoot today and is she ever nice and pretty. Thank you Bearfoot. I have not mastered doing machine applique yet. I did some years ago but really need to practice, practice, practice to get it to look as nice as you did on Sue. azn
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Glad you like the SBS block! They are always a treat to make!

You did find the other goodie in the box too though, right? :D
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Yes, BearFoot. I posted my remarks under the pincushion swap topic.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:39 pm

I am the worst host ever! It is confession time. With all that is going on here I have not had a chance to make my own birthday blocks for this month. DH promised me some time in my sewing room tomorrow so have been prepping everything... no cutting until I have had at least 5 hours of sleep. I had thought to do them tonight but I know I would mess them up and then be in real trouble because I have just enough of each fabric for the blocks. None to spare. I am so sorry. I seem to keep falling farther and farther behind. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:58 pm

PK, I am like you. I have been trying to finish up the Christmas mini and I have a SBS block for make in time for shipment for Dec. birthday! Pant, Pant, Pant. And still life issues interfer with my plans! You would think...... Anyway, hope you water problems are resolved soon for you.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:01 am

All right! I have the packages ready to go! I know TLC and StillStitchin are "itchin" to get started. (Sorry had to do that.) I see that Bearfoot sent her SBS to StillStitchin directly. Bearfoot, did you send TLC's straight to her too? I just want to be sure.

All right, it is that time again. Start working on the SBS for Stacey. She wants UNbleached muslin. 12 inch finished, too! Have fun. We are almost to the finish line!
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:12 pm

PK and the rest of you gals, I received a big squishy package yesterday. It had many beautiful SBS blocks in it! What a treat! I had been struggling to get the binding on a mini quilt and DH brought the package in from the mailbox. Thanks, I needed that! The blocks are wonderful. What a pretty quilt they will make when they are put together.

By the by...does anyone else struggle with sewing the ends of the binding together? I just cannot visualize how to lay them atop each other and then stitch the corner. GRRRRRR! I must be mentally challenged! Actually....I am a lot mentally challenged! Well I have to figure it out very soon because the mini must be mailed next week!!!

Karen (thanks again ladies!)
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Glad it got there safe and sounds, SSIA! They were fun to pet and put this way and that to see how they would go together. Sorry, hostess right. HAHAHA lol!
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 am

Karen,

I'm sure someone on here can send you to a lesson on binding with pictures. It sounded like you meet your 2 ends in the corner (or did I misunderstand you?). Maybe that's what's making it so hard. I don't think I could do that without a lot of cussing, screaming and hair pulling, and then it still wouldn't look good. I'm stressed out just thinking about it! LOL

You should meet the 2 ends on a long side.

Please someone find her a tutorial on applying binding that shows that step clearly. I'll look for one later too, can't right now.
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Karen,

Sharon Schamber has a beautiful video on the whole process. Every step is clear and she has a lot of good tricks to share too.

http://sharonschambernetwork.com/free_area/videos/binding_angel/index.html
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Cottonpicker, I was not at a corner but too close to one to make the end work well together at an angle. Thank you for the link to Sharon Schamber's site. I have saved it for future reference. I finally just turned one edge into a 45* angle and inserted the other end into it. worked okay but just not the way I wanted to do it. And yes, there was a lot of URGGGG and sighs while I was trying to do it.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:01 pm

PK - I mailed out Slcycly66's BD block on Friday. Please let me know when you get it. mailbox
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11379

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 am

Are we doing a 2010 swap? I was thinking about it and realized I would not have anywhere to PUT another quilt, then I had the idea that IF we do it, maybe I could ask for any kind of dog (or cat) blocks to put in a charity quilt.

Ideas, anyone?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 pm

I need all of the 12 in SBS's for Stacey! These are on unbleached muslin, please!! And while you are thinking about it, the last one is around the corner! Silly hostess wants 12 in Heart blocks in your own personal favorite colors!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:35 pm

I got a squishy from IABM! A lovely SBS for Stacey! TOOO CUTE!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:36 pm

When I find the entrance to my sewing room I will post a list of those I have blocks from. It is a bit cramped in there right now. LOL
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Princess K: I have Stcycly66's SBS block ready to mail on Monday. Do I mail it to you or directly to recipient? I wasn't sure when you would be mailing all the blocks out. I will be happy to comply either way. Thanks.

Karen (SSIA)
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Mail it to me. I am still working on my own. Been working on other stuff too. SIGH
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Thanks P.K. I will do so on Monday.

Karen
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:33 am

PK - I mailed your BD block this morning. Please let me know when you get it. i don't think your BD is really in Jan so when are you going to open them? Or have you been peeking right along? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Annmarie, I got your squishy! Love the SBS you made, soo very sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Today at 7:53 pm

Back to top Go down

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next