The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Which do you want, pick a color or pick a theme?
Recipient picks the color and size
40%
 40% [ 6 ]
Recipient picks the theme and size
60%
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:37 pm

Okay I have a question seeing I am in Australia postage on time will be extra hard and how do I go about a envelope for you to post them over??

Secondly I saw someone mention crazy quilt block for example what if you don't know how to make one??

And can I have the heads up soon if anyone is definatitely in February so I have time with Children and Christmas and Long Postage to get it made ...Many Thanks...

COULD SOMEONE LIST SOME THEME IDEAS I CANNOT DECIDE I LOVE STARS BUT THEN I PARTICIPATED IN THE QUILT ALONG THIS YEAR SO NOT SURE IF I SHOULD CHOOSE SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING .HELP Undesided

Ohhh how many people are we up to now it does seem to be growing LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Linda 2B - I have answers! lol!

1. Basket color - 30's prints or pastels Background - white

2. 10 " finished
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 pm

We are at 14. This is where it will stay unless someone has to leave abruptly. I sure hope not. That seems like a lot but it isn't. That is how many we had last time, I think.
As for how to work the whole SASE thing, what you do is make your first block or blocks and then send them to me. I will PM everyone with my address later. Inside that package you will put an envelope with your name, address and postage. If there is any lack in postage I will take care of it. We can work out something later, if you feel like it. It was mentioned last time, to get the approximate weight of 13 blocks, which will come to you, you should take 13 fat quarters, have them weighed with your return envelope and then have the postage put on for that weight. It will get you very close, might be slightly over, though. Pookie, we can work out something to ensure that you get your blocks, I will handle it all. (My PO is great! They know my name now, am in there all of the time. LOL!)

Okay, for those who are wanting ideas for THEMES:
flowers (there are applique, PP'd, and traditionally pieced out there)
stars
animals
fantasy (like dragons, princesses, wizards, castles, stars can be included too. I have a great
book that one day I will actually get to use.... maybe...)
autumn leaves (lots of leaf blocks out there too.)
Christmas
Hallowe'en
Valentine's day
hearts, which can go along with Valentine's day
school days (like alphabet letters, numbers, school buses, school children, etc.)
birthdays (cake, funny hats, etc.)
teddy bears
cats, dogs, birds, etc.
jars....can be bugs, marbles or whatever novelty print you happen to have (this can be
pieced and appliqued too!)
houses (I have seen them done in all sorts of interesting ways)
one specific block, that is fairly easy, from quilter's cache. (friendship star, ribbon star, an
album block.... all great choices)
log cabin (can be done using various size strips with the final measurement being what ever
you wanted for your finished block size. That could be a very interesting quilt!)

That is all I can think of for the moment. I will think some more and have other ideas for you later.

Now, I still have some final business, I need bizkitea's birth month, Bearfoot's birth month, and quiltermarynel's birth month. If you happen to know them you can just give me a shout out, or if you are them, please give me a shout out. As soon as we have their months I will post a list.

Everyone have fun, start thinking of what you want! You do have til Dec 31 to make up your mind, though!
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:40 pm

My birthday is in May. I don't know what theme yet...too many ideas.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:39 am

I just looked up Marynel's profile and found she is an Aug baby! WOOHOO!

So here is the list. Bop me on the head if I made a mistake, okay?
Feb. quiltbrain
March none
April none
May bizkitea, Pookie, Bearfoot
June Cottonpicker, hammerlou, PrincessKris
July iambuzzysma, Charal
Aug quiltermarynel
Sept. Linda 2B
Oct. none
Nov. tlcquiltnut, StillStitchinInAlva
Dec. stcycly66
Jan none

Since there are 3 in June and none in January, I am going to switch my birthday to January. That way there is not so much confusion for May when the June blocks are due. Is that okay with everyone?[b]

Last edited by PrincessKris on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Forgotten! BooHoo   Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 am

PK: I have been forgotten! cry2 cry2 cry2

My birth month is November. I haven't decided on theme. Leaning towards some type of star.

Karen
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:09 am

Don't cry Karen...we won't forget you! Hug
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Oh goodness! I did NOT mean to! Your name is even on my master list! UGH! Maybe I should not be the one running this show! I am soooooo sorry! cry2 Just bop me on the head, yell at me and then maybe give me a hug.

I edited the post with the names and birth months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Don't forget CharalQuilts she should be in their somewhere Princess Kriss If you are swapping to January I will need information very quickly and may not make it in time as I have to allow a long postage time HELP and

Quiltbrain sorry to be a pain but please decide real soon LOL then I can try to get organised LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 pm

PK......please don't forget me!!!!!! I am a July birthday.....
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:21 pm

I need to not be in charge, obviously. I have everyone on my master list but going from list to computer seems beyond me right now. I am soooo sorry, charal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:42 pm

PK - You are doing great - it's not easy to transpose from one list to another!!!
bowing
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:10 pm

You're doing a great job PK....if your list is on the computer...cut and paste, cut and paste! :D
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:39 pm

big sigh It is in a notebook. That notebook has a note on the outside that says "If you touch me, you will lose your hand". It never leaves my computer. I will make up a spreadsheet with all of the information once all decisions are made. Then I will print it out, keep it with my notebook and keep a copy on my computer, so I can make changes there. LOL! I like having redundancies. (That is why I have two chins and a "front butt". LOL! lol! )
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:04 pm

PrincessKris wrote:

Since there are 3 in June and none in January, I am going to switch my birthday to January. That way there is not so much confusion for May when the June blocks are due. Is that okay with everyone?[b]

Nice try -

Im totally excited cant wait until the swap starts.

PK you are doing a great job to get everything together Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Pookie, PK moved to Jan, but that is Jan 2010. Feb will be the first Bd we have to get there in time!
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Pookie, Quiltbrain is Feb. She wants:

Basket block

10" finished That's 10 1/2" unfinished. White background.

30's fabrics prints or pastels

I think I have all that right??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:11 pm

sounds good
Hug
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Quiltbrain, I was just looking at basket blocks and most of them are on the diagonal. Would you want to specify that they all be on the diagonal? I just thought it might be hard to put them all together if some are diagonal and some straight.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Cottonpicker wrote:
Pookie, PK moved to Jan, but that is Jan 2010. Feb will be the first Bd we have to get there in time!

That is right, 2010! Not 2009. I will be the last to receive blocks. Thanks, Cotton! BTW, You are nominated! You are in charge now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Good point Cottonpicker. Never thought about that. Diagonal would be fine with me. Seems like most baskets I've seen are like that. doh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Princess Kris Gimpy Cat had a fabulous idea my birthday is 7th May so if no one minds I will swap to April which also takes the pressure of the Month of May

I have chosen Purples and Creams - Purple Background Cream Design or Cream Background Purple Design either doesn't matter and 12 inch finished blocks [ 12 1/2" unfinished] and my theme is Baskets.....

Hope this is all okay thankyou quiltbrain for your information will get started beginning January to get it to you on time....

Ohh and thank goodness Princess Kris mean't January the following year but that seems sad so far away are you sure you want to swap three's not that many??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Um, - correct me if I'm wrong... I thought we were to pick EITHER a theme OR colors, but not both...I thought the point of the theme was so everyone could chose their own favorite colors to send to the recipient in her theme... Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:34 pm

As far as I know now great possibility I am wrong seeing I don't get here all the time I think it was decided to let people pick what they want with all of it PLEASE If I am wrong let me know and I will stick with my colours and size but not worry about the theme Undesided
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:31 am

stcycly66 wrote:
Um, - correct me if I'm wrong... I thought we were to pick EITHER a theme OR colors, but not both...I thought the point of the theme was so everyone could chose their own favorite colors to send to the recipient in her theme... Did I miss something?

Stacey, you are right, that was the original idea. But because I wanted everyone to be happy, I was going to let everyone pick what they wanted. Since two have decided to pick all three choices (theme, color, and size), I was just not going to worry about it. But to be fair, now it is going to be all three. Of course, you do not have to pick all three, you can just pick the original two. That is what I am going to do.

Boy, I am not a good leader. big sigh

Last edited by PrincessKris on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!   Today at 3:47 am

Back to top Go down

The All New 2009 Birthday Block Swap!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next