The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A Tisket A Tasket BOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:02 pm

There's a basket BOM starting up at Bunny Hill designs. Each month's block has something that represents that month.
http://bunnyhilldesigns.com/dynamic/?page=Free%20Patterns
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:25 pm

thanks, AOL... think this is just darling..... I copied a lot of her free patterns...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:45 pm

oh would you believe I lay in bed last night looking over one of her patterns & thinking of starting it? This one is too cute. thanks for sharing Ann

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Ohh darn you Annie Oak Leaf and I say that with much lovehearts and respect but now I fell in love with this one too and have started to print this out.... I will shortly have a picture of on of her wallhangings I have just completed only need to slip stitch the binding....soooo cute thanks for sharing Hug
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2275
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 pm

:mockery-017:

Yeah, darn you, Ann!

bad girl

lmao lmao lmao lmao

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Okay I have a theory question say anyone decides to do this mystery block of the month What is the best way to select fabrics seeing you have no idea what is coming or how much will be required?? Well at the end of the blocks you want them to look pretty together ....So suggestions please Undesided
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 pm

I decided to do this BOM as the Quilt Along Challenge of 2009 at CTTQ.
I'm planning on keeping my background the same, I will see what her "mystery lay out" is but kind of leaning towards shadowboxing them I'm making all the baskets different and As far as fabric planning.......I'm not planning on buying anything new except maybe some interesting basket fabrics and mabye one solid burgandy. Seems like since I started quilting a short 15 months ago all I have done is buy buy buy....time to sew sew sew!!
Quilton suggested not embellishing until after quilting. I think she's right. I'll be leaving it off on future months and most likely will remove the buttons before machine quilting.

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I think that I'll use a similar looking fabric for all of my backgrounds - like all Cream-on-Creams or tans or super-pale pinks.

I have different "flavors" of fabrics - neons, dusties, marbles, etc. I'll probably just pick what I want for the first basket and then the following ones will be of the same 'flavor'. This probably won't be a NEON GREEN quilt - though that might look cool on black backgrounds.

This year I'm in scrappy mode (so far), so other than the same color in backgrounds and not mixing nuclear tangerine with dusty blue I don't think that there will be any further planning within the blocks themselves.

The designer suggested using all the same line of fabrics for the baskets (I think she had a Moda layer cake or two) and just scraps for the other stuff.
Thumbup

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:11 am

Chris..your block is darling! I didn't know this had been posted at the other site. Are you doing it as a group?
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:50 am

I love your basket and have copied the design hope to do all the blocks... I am glad you posted it here AOL.... I think I will try to do Connecting Threads coffee cups also and I am doing the Red Delicious... oh oh !!! think I am in trouble... Cheesy

Golo

Back to top Go down
karol0405

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 am

Oh, this has potential! Thanks for posting. I have printed January. Lets see what happens!!
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:36 am

Golo are you doing the angies bits & pieces cups? I was thinking about it....thinking thinking...we shall see. I keep seeing bags....bags....cut two bags out this morning they will be lined, also bought iron on vinyl for the inner lining as they will be makeup bags, ironed the vinyl on the wrong side of three of the four peices....out of vinyl...walked out of the sewing room for the day in frustration!

Annie, I'm doing this as the 2009 Calendar Quilt Challenge on CTTQ
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:39 pm

CC, wouldn't those coffe cups look cute on your bags.... :D

Golo

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Oh Ann, How could you???? I thought you were my friend!!!! HEHEHE I will be DLing and printing this one. I won't have time for it this year but next.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:26 am

I have another yes another question.... :hammer: I have read the directions at least two if not more times and cannot find the size of the block....could anyone help scratch
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:56 am

page two of the instruction sheet gives you all that information, you have to download both pattern file and the instruction files with these kind of things winking

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:25 am

Pookie...here's the link to the general instructions. It says the finished block is 8x8 inches. The finished quilt will be 40x49.

http://bunnyhilldesigns.com/editor_uploads/General%20Instructions.pdf
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:05 am

Pookie if you bring up the general instructions it will tell you everything..... the wallhanging will be 40 x 49......... 12 blocks and each finished block is 8 X 8............

Golo

Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Pookie...Bev found this link for me, you might want to join too.

http://flickr.com/groups/969252@N20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Thankyou so much all I don't know how I missed this part printed the directions for the block and missed the rest Embarassed what can a girl say doh that's why I have friends lovehearts

Calico Chris I have looked at the group but will study it more I am with hotmail not yahoo so not sure if I can join will read up on it....I think I have it worked out.... see you their..
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:23 pm

I like Calico's shadow box idea. Do any of you have thoughts on a cute way to frame each block so each one is a little wall hanging? I thought my aunt might like putting them on her apartment door.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 pm

QBee - Mary Ann wrote:
I like Calico's shadow box idea. Do any of you have thoughts on a cute way to frame each block so each one is a little wall hanging? I thought my aunt might like putting them on her apartment door.

Maybe you could make a small hanging 10-12" wide with a pointy bit at the bottom (like a bell pull) and put buttons on it - then when you make a block, just pillowcase-finish it (or bind it!) and put hanging loops at the top. That way she'd only have to store the little blocks and would be able to change them out whenever a new one arrives.

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:17 pm

I made several little wall hangings for my apartment door, before we bought a house. I did all kinds of things. I did "off borders", which is where the width of each side of the border was different, like 2", 3", 4", and 5". I do not recommend this with a stripe. I did several borders all stacked and mitered. Each one a solid or texture. I used a novelty print that was seasonal for the border and the background was a solid or texture... so they would not compete with each other. I even made one with a simple print (like mini polka dots) and let the applique hang over it in spots. That one is easy. Oh, then I did one for Christmas that featured a tree in the center, framed with 3 borders. A red, a green then the red again. Then I did a nine patch for each corner done opposites. Row one and three were green red green and the middle was red green red. Hard to picture, I think.... I was trying to find a pic of all of these. So far no luck and I gave some away. I guess my favorite was the simple seasonal fabric that framed the center. It was usually a fabric that was NOT in the center at all but just went with the theme of the center. I just layered them with whatever was left over. It usually did not go with the front but since they were not for competition and only going to be viewed from the front, it did not really matter to me. Then bind as you normally would. I just thought of something else that would be nice, say for spring, scalloped edges. And for summer, prairie points. How about jumbo rick rack? I did one Christmas tree one with silver metallic binding. Very striking. There was a silver and gold star on the top and a silver present, among others, under the tree. Very cool. How about a medium size polka dot and use some of those crystals that are laying around to embellish some of them and one on the basket? HMMM I think I should get started on these baskets. LOL!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:18 pm

FB what a great idea!! I had never thought of that one!
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:01 pm

This BOM is adorable!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tisket A Tasket BOM   Today at 5:33 am

Back to top Go down

A Tisket A Tasket BOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top