The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Schnookie - You're in charge here. You say "Wait", we'll wait! :) Just being a little silly here. Truly, I think your plan sounds fine. See what you hear from the others and send us our recipes after that. At our house we say "yummers" as well as "yummo"! I think when we get our recipes we'll be saying yummy, yummers, and yummo! In my freshman college food science class our instructor always said, "Oh, that's just so delectable." I try to throw delectable around now and then - because it makes my family laugh.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Oh last weekend we came across a teeny craft market, lady there had scrapbooking stuff and whilst Im not into that lo and behold she had this timber recipe book you decorate yourself and add your recipes too, well I think Im gonna save and get one, only $8 and they had a mini one laura wanted in the shape of a cup cake, how cute is that, will get it for her bday

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Oh, I just heard from Polly...yep she has been real busy at work, just like you said Gimpy. She will be sending hers tomorrow after work.

Hummm...Delectable that sounds like a fun thing to say....I am going to try that one out on the kids this weekend...I love it QBee!

Gimpy I have never heard of a timber recipe book before...is it made from wood?

Now, we will need a few 8 X 8's and 9 X 9's, 9 X 13 and some cookie sheets...some round springform pans and oh boy are we infor a Yummo, Delectable, scrumpous time ahead! :D

Oh, just got a email back from Jessica and she is still going to send one in also yeppie!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Schnookie the recipe book is made from craft wood, Im sure thats what you call it or fibre board. The pack looked to contain two pieces for each cover front and back and the screw or whatever pieces to join it together and insert papers or plastic sleeves between them, the assembly bits. You then decorate it, paint it do what you want with them, it was pretty cool looking, Im hoping to find some paper with cupcakes maybe and glue that to it or I had the idea of maybe printing out pics of all the members quilts posted at times or MT her avatar, hey, maybe I could print each persons avatar and glue them on to decorate it, I keep thinking and thinking LOL

I also think this months swap should be renamed - diet terminator LOL

Number of posts : 6797
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 pm

I think I am gaining weight just reading your hints....lol.....can't wait....I'm sure my DH and three DSs will be thrilled too...lol. Scrumdillyumptious! lmao lol! :yahoo:
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:42 pm

texasmusicmom wrote:
Scrumdillyumptious! lmao lol! :yahoo:
That is the word I have been looking for...I could say it but couldn't spell it! Scrumdillyumptious! lmao Yes so cool!

The timber recipe book sound really neat too! That would be cute with everyones avatar on it. And cupcakes, goodies and such. Very nice idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:42 am

Great idea Gimpy. Sounds like an heirloom in the making.
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:13 pm

UPDATE: Just got an email from AMQ9 and she has limited access to a computer at home, and the desktop bit the dust...so she is at the mercy of her sons LOL...I have been there before! She will be sending in a recipe soon Yippie! I am happy she is ok and all is fine with her.

Oh, recieved two more,no make that three make that four....wonderful recipes to add to the bunch...yummo, yummie, delectable and Scrumdillyumptious! :yahoo:

Abertquiltmom9 AQM9
Gimpy Cat
Golo
Foxxigrani
Hacienda11629
Iambuzzysma
JennQT
Jessica
Marian
MurryTart
Linda 2B
Luvsquilting
Polly
QBee - Mary Ann
Quiltbrain
Schnookie
Texasmusicmom
TLC
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:58 pm

:yahoo: I sent everyone their copy of the recipes...I might have sent you two messages I was having a time at getting my fingers clicking on the right buttons. Thud

I hope it came to you in the format you wanted, I lost a note with info about sending to whom which way. If you recieved it as a Document I typed it in (print view) when you open the Document go up to the left hand corner and click on (view) and then click on (print view) and you will see it just the way it will print out for you.

This has been such a learning experience for me LOL and for DH in teaching me :hammer: how to us Word and how to convert it to a PDF! The convertion program was easy to us, not so many buttons to click on whew

I sure hope you like what you see...if something went wrong please email me and I will ask DH what to do to straighten it out and get right back to you!

These are truely Yummo, Yummie, Delectable and Scrumdillyumptious looking recipes!
hug08 Big Hug everyone!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 am

Oh My Gosh!!!! Schnookie what a wonderful job you did.... the lay out is really nice... and all those recipes look absolutely delicious.... Thanks... at this rate I am looking forward to each month.... Smitten hug08

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:10 am

Oh my waistline, I popped a button and broke a zipper just thinking about them LOL, bob drooled and groaned intermittently moaning somehting about weight watchers and diet LOL You did the most amazing fantastic job - so professional and the chart to go with it, Im impressed bowing you have done the best job, its so cool, thank you thank you thank you for hosting this clap clap hug08 :bbq-21: Im hongry!

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 am

:garden3: Well thank you Golo and Gimpy for the wonderful praise, I would not have been able to accomplish what I did with out the help of Golo and you too Gimpy! And all who all of you quilters that contributed to the selection of recipes.

I really enjoyed reading all the recipes sent in and I know I will be trying them all!!! Oh, they all looked so good I think I was gaining weight as I was reading them. lmao Thank goodness the lbs didn't show up on my scale this morning, I am suppose to be on a diet and I wouldn't know how to explain that to my doctor...all he would say "Yah right"

Now, the Question will be if all the same people whom signed up for this month will want to do the March issue. I have no idea yet on what it will be yet.

A little Red birdie and I are so happy you liked it,
Hugs hug08 Schnookie

Last edited by Schnookie on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 am

Well, withe recipes like that I am in for March... that is for sure... num num !!!! :coffee1:

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
jennQT

Number of posts : 218

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks Schnookie! I was looking at the receipes this morning....oohh....so many yummy ones. I haven't baked forever since I've been painting every weekend lately Thud
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:53 pm

DH walked past my computer just when I had page one up. The big smart guy!! He stopped and said, "Hmmm... Quilter's Can Cook. I didn't know that." Let's just see what Mr. Smartypants finds on his dinner plate this evening!! lmao

Schnookie - You did such a wonderful job!! Thank you!! (thanks to your DH, too, for his help on this project)

I'm just thrilled with the beginning of this new recipe book. It fits right in with that little saying: "Life is short. Eat dessert first!"

Is there a list we should add our names to for March? Or should I just say it here - I'm in!!
Back to top Go down
texasmusicmom

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:37 pm

OH this is SO COOL! Thanks so much Schnookie!!!! I think we need an online class to make a quilted cover for our albums that we are going to put these in...haha.

Everythink looks so yummy and so beautifully typed. I'm printing mine off now and also saved it. WHOO HOO! Gotta love dessert! :yahoo: placard clap hug08

I'm in for March!!!! Thumbup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Schookie - You did a FANTASTIC job! Everything looks so delicious. I can't wait to give them a try. I'm in for March! :love-130:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Im in for march too of course, wonder what it will be, its fun and exciting wondering

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks, everyone for the wonderful compliments I did not do it all alone you know, you all worked on it and special thanks goes out to Gimpy, Golo and DH who helped me with it! So far, people in red have decided to continue for next month, even though they don't know yet what the food category will be! :flower: Tickles me PINK. I hope everyone will want to keep going. I haven't heard back from everyone, might be the time differences, work or what ever. I hope knowone had any problems opening up the document...so far so good!! If so concact me and I will figure out what to do with DH to make it right for you.
:yahoo: Mamu has decided to join in also.

March first I will post the next Category and Food Group...
Abertquiltmom9 AQM9
Gimpy Cat
Golo
Foxxigrani
Hacienda11629
Iambuzzysma
JennQT
Jessica
Marian
Mamu
MurryTart
Linda 2B
Luvsquilting
Polly
QBee - Mary Ann
Quiltbrain
Schnookie
Texasmusicmom

TLC

Last edited by Schnookie on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:16 pm

OMG I found a mistake and I am so sorry Polly! Pollys recipe for Gyspy Tart is there, but somehow I missed putting in the index. I have update it and will send it out to all of you once again... I feel so bad! :hammer:
Back to top Go down
tlcquiltnut

Number of posts : 1078

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:48 pm

texasmusicmom wrote:
OH this is SO COOL! Thanks so much Schnookie!!!! I think we need an online class to make a quilted cover for our albums that we are going to put these in...haha.

Everythink looks so yummy and so beautifully typed. I'm printing mine off now and also saved it. WHOO HOO! Gotta love dessert! :yahoo: placard clap hug08

I'm in for March!!!! Thumbup
What a great idea!!! clap Thumbup
Back to top Go down
texasmusicmom

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm

LOL....I'm serious...haha....what do ya'll think? FUN!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Id been tossing around the idea of making a fabric book cover, thinking cupcakes LOL

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 am

TexasMusicMom, that sounds like fun...will you be heading it up?

I am going to purchase some card stock to print it all out on when we are all finished. I had thought I would go and have it spiraled bound but, than I think your idea would be better! So go for it Thumbup teach us how to make one...Please, please.

Oh, Gimpy I love cup cakes, that would be a fun theme for your cook book!

Smiles to all,
Schnookie

Last edited by Schnookie on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 am

What a great idea texasmusicmom! Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap   Today at 11:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Quilters Can Cook - Recipe Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next