The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:55 am

Check it out!! I'm clearing off my sewing table and buy fabric TODAY! This is just what I've been looking to do!

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/baltimore_bliss.htm
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks Chris that is beautiful... I am sending it to a save file and hope to do it some time later.... Good luck and can hardly wait to see your BOM...... are you doing it in pinks?

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
karol0405

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 am

Oh wow! You all need to stop this! I have so many going right now! I need to start cutting back on my sleeping hours!
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12823

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks Chris, I love that pattern, and I love hearts, so here we go again, now if I can just remember it with the other zillions I have to copy Shocked Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks Chris! What a great pattern. Just love the hearts. Been looking for something like this. I know exactly what fabric I want to make this in. :D
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3396

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks Kriss,
I'm going to copy this one and hope I can find my way back to it in a couple of months.
It is beautiful isn't it!!!
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11559

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Just what I needed, another fabulous quilt to make!!! I think my version might have same color sashing with a heart where the cornerstone would have been.
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:26 pm

I spent soem time today getting my sewing room organized and my projects lined up. I did go to both Wal mart and Joann today (walmart no longer carries embroidery floss) I didn't see any fabric jump out at me. I'm going to think this out carfully. I'm thinking pink, rasberry, green....this is always the hardest part for me. I'm thinking of maybe doing this not fused as it would be a bed quilt and get plenty of use. The shapes look easy enough to give regular machine applique with a turned edge a try...I'll think on it.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Thank you. I don't usually go for hearts and am not partial to Baltimore Albums, but I really liked this one. It's way down on my list, but am printing it out for future use.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks Kriss for the info. I did add it to my favorites, but do plan to copy and do this one later on in the year. I'm thinking of using the purple family. I love purple!

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

I love purple too memaw...but have yet to do anything purple in quilting....I recently lost an aunt..she had red hair and only wore purple clothing, I always thought she looked fun!
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am

I'm very sorry for your loss Calico_Chris. You must have some very special memories of her. Sounds like your aunt was a beautiful woman and she looked great in purple. My kinda lady.

Your aunt would have fit in nicely with the Red Hats Ladies at my church. They wear red hats and purple dresses once a month. You'd think the two colors would clash, but they really look great together!

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 pm

I was out yesterday with my mom at a clothing store called bonworth...they had a whole line of hats/scarves and jewelry for the red hat ladies! My MIL is a red hat lady too!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:12 pm

CC I like the bonworths store.... visited one in Az... I think they have one near Mpls too...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Calico Chris thank you so much for the site this is just beautiful I have printed it out to go and search my stash for colours...... Look forward to seeing yours and I agree choosing the colours is most defiantely the hardest job.... Sorry to hear about your Aunt I brought my Mum some Red Hat Fabric it is just lovely and the red and purple look great together..
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 am

Calico_Chris, I downloaded the first block last night and I'm anxious to go and pick out my fabric for it. Again, I think I'm going to go for something in the purple family and other fabrics to match or blend in with that.

I'll post what I get and when I get my first block finished. It may be awhile as right now the schools are getting costumes sewn for the Spring Plays. So far I'm doing 3 that I know of. Plus a lady just dropped off fabric for me to make her a dress for Easter. That's $170.00 to buy new fabrics with!! YeeHaw fabric store here I come! :yahoo:
I'll be a buzzing rain around all over the place! I'll have to plan this out very carefully as to where I'm gonna get my fabrics. JoAnn's just doesn't seem to have much in the line of anything new. I just may go online and buy.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:10 pm

It sounds like you have a plan! I've decided to hold off on this...I think I jumped the gun in saying I was doing this...then I realized the blocks are 16 inches and want to do something a little smaller. I look forward to seeing how this plays out in purple......I keep gravatating to purple in the store...I'm working towards finishing off two other quilts before I start a big project.
As far as choosing your fabrics, I'd look at the LQS feel the fabrics, decide what you want, then price online. That way you will be sure of your colors...or maybe get samples from connecting threads, i think they do that. I have been suprised at some of my online purchases and wished I had seen them in real life first!
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:56 pm

CC this is a BOM and that's how I'm going to do it. I thought of buying the pattern, but though I'll just download each month and have at least 30 days to do one before I need to start the other.
I think I'll take your advice and check at the LQS for the fabrics. With Spring almost here they may have some new fabrics coming in. I already have some very pretty purple print. I may just build on that. It's has hydrangea's on it.
memaw4
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:59 am

Yes...I'm definatly going to download the patterns too. I may want to revisit this some day..or maby just do my favorite 6 blocks for a wallhanging.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Calico_Chris wrote:
or maby just do my favorite 6 blocks for a wallhanging.

Wow! Great mines do think alike! :yahoo: I thought after looking at all the blocks of doing just the blocks I liked the most and putting them in a wallhanging. (some I liked better that othes )

But I will download all of them just the same. I like being able to pick and choose what I do rather than having to do them all.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!   Today at 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Baltimore Bliss - I think I'm in love!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1