The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:22 pm

:shire:

When you are inserting pictures or thumbnails from your QLR Gallery, you do NOT need to click the little Insert Image button at the top of the compose window. When you do that, you get this:

[img][/img]

Notice the img tags? They're extra. And they're all over the place. :flower:

To insert the picture or thumbnail from the gallery, just copy and paste the code that's provided below your picture into your post. Seriously. The img code is already in there:
{url=http://www.quilterslastresort.com/gallery/Tisket-a-tasket-Basket-Blocks/FiberBabble-s-Basket-1-pic_883.htm}{img}http://www.quilterslastresort.com/users/69/02/12/album/th/bunny_12.jpg{/img}{/url}

If you want to insert images from outside sources (flickr, webshots, etc.) there are very helpful instructions here in the Tutorials section of the forum.

Okay. That's all. Carry on... Smitten

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:59 pm

:others-208: thank you, every forum is different and I think it takes someone telling us how to do stuff to learn it LOL

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Okay, I am at fault for posting pictures with the img... I have had so much trouble posting here that once I figured out a way to get them on I just kept on doing it, but I will try learning the new way.... but did it really matter.??

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 am

golo wrote:
I will try learning the new way.... but did it really matter.??

Not really. I sure wasn't getting angry or anything. I've just notice it a lot recently (and I didn't pay attention to who was doing what), so I thought I'd put in the little how-to in case someone wanted to know.

Certainly wasn't going all police police on you!!

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 am

fibrebabble is the police :affraid: did anyone else know this???? lmao dont worry about it FB, the infio you shared is good and will help quite a few members, this forum set up is diffferent to what most of us were used to

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:00 am

Gimpy Cat wrote:
fibrebabble is the police :affraid: did anyone else know this???? lmao dont worry about it FB, the infio you shared is good and will help quite a few members, this forum set up is diffferent to what most of us were used to
Hey-hey-heyyyyy! I'm just providing a service, not insisting on a life-change!! lol!

So... off-topic, but not really? I found the perfect tag line for myself:

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in order.
Like they should be.
:angel6:

Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9707
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm

lmao lmao lmao
You go girl, cross those i's and dot those t's. No wait, I mean........................ scratch

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:30 pm

lol! lmao good one FB! Thumbup
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3406

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:14 pm

My minor ambition is to start putting photos in the album. I'm bumfuzzled. When in the gallery I can't find any icons or anything that will let me post. When I copy code from PB, there is no paste function in QR. Am I not set up for album in gallery? Anybody?
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3406

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm so hopeless. Lets see. I'm in "my personal album". Now what?
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Redmadder....

in your personal album there is an icon in the very upper left corner that is a box with the name of Envoyer and below that is says uno picture (?? I think that is what is says?... click on that and you will be directed to a menu that will help you load you pics

if you click on the browse... you should come up with another menu that is from your own pictures that you have stored on your computer... you can select from your pictures, open and the addy will come up in your gallery screen... continue to save your pictures following the menus as they come up

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Redmadder, Here are the steps to create and post in the Gallery.

Click on Gallery at the top of the page
Click on Users Personal Album
If you have not created a personal album you will get a message that says "Personal Album has not been created"
Click Create Personal Gallery
Then you will see a message that says "Your Personal Album has been created successfully" Underneath that message it will say "Click here to return to personal album" (Click it)
Click the button at the top left titled Envoyer Une Photo (I don't know why it is in french Cheesy )
Click Browse
Choose a photo from your computer...you can't upload from a website
Click Send to add the photo to the list
If you want to add more photos Click "Add file" to get more boxes in which to enter the photos by repeating the Browse and Send steps
When you are finish choosing the photos you want in your album
Choose "Redmadders Personal Album" from the drop down list across from "Upload Catagory"
Click Save
You should get a message that the Upload was successful.

Then the next time you want to upload pictures all you need to do is click the Envoyer Une Photo Button, Browse to select your photos from your computer, click send, Choose your album from the drop down menu and click save.
Let me know if you have trouble.
I am going to put these instructions in the Techique thread too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.   Today at 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down

You Need to Read This. No, Really, You Do.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1