The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Whats you favourite quilt book?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!! That book looks like a treat for sure!

No kitties slept with me last night...I'm sad. boohoo! The other night our sleeping schedules were off...they were playing leapfrog over me and leaping to the top of the headboard, while I was attempting to sleep. ZZZZZoooooooooom, thud. Leap, thud. Boing, boing...thwap. No cuddlies in that group.

Speaking of treats...for Mother's Day I was out watering my flowers and I saw a bunch of tiny little somethings racing up and down my pansies. At first I thought it was my astigmatism really acting up. Bent closer and saw 5 TINY praying mantisses (mantisi??) about 1/4" long all over my flowers. They are adorable. Yesterday they were just the tiniest bit bigger. I should go look for them right now to check their growth. They look exactly like the big ones, but oh so tiny!!!!! I wonder if their prayers are smaller.... hee hee hee...
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Tue May 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Oh ive seen those mantis babies...they are tooo cute indeed! They are a wonderful addition to your garden as they eat aphids, chances are good you will stumble across their nest, its like a dried foam thingy on a branch. Enjoy them..they are a real kick!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20321

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Tue May 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Oh is that who makes that dried foam thingy, I found them before and wondered, love babies, how cool is that, what a happy gardening mothers day gift for you, let us know how they are

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:49 pm

I love about all quilting books! I always think the one I'm buying is the best yet! Well Connecting Threads had one on sale for $10.99 the other day and I was able to look at all the quilt patterns. Sooooooo of course I bought the thing! SEW glad I did too. I absolutely love, love, love it............

It's by Gathering Friends (Kathryn Squibb and Deborah Jacobs) and is called "By Request." They have 11 more on the back inside cover you can buy!! I better start saving up now. I hope to buy them all...... I can hear my husband now! Can you?

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:09 pm

I only purchase quilt books when I can get them on sale. Usually Connecting
Threads has wonderful deals on books and free shipping with a min purcahse. Also, you can look inside the boosk and see if there is a design/technique that you like!
I don't purchase a book unless there are at least three things in it that I wouldn't mind making. I have so many books/patterns that I really don't need any more books....but love to look at and read them!!! Shocked

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11559

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:05 am

I just ordered my favorite quilt book from Amazon: Barbara Brackman's encyclodpedia. :yahoo:
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 am

Mamu, I know just what you mean! I have tons of patterns and know that I'll never live long enough to make 1/2 of them! As far as my quilt magazines go, I took each one and took out the patterns or info I wanted and then gave them away or threw them away. I only have 3 large binder books full of patterns or info! I have them in order from pot holders to king size! Then I just go to what ever binder I need and pick a pattern.

Now, if I just had all my fabrics picked and ready to go! And believe it or not, but at one time I seriously considered doing just that! Then all I'd need to do was grab a pattern and go. I might get more quilts made this way....

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12820

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am

Marynel, is that her new one that's on a special, at least it was if you pre ordered??? I sent mine back , very unhappy with it, the patterns in it look like something a kid would draw. Another friend of mine ordered one too and did the same as I did. I thought it would be a good one coming from her, but was very unhappy. Hope yours is a different one than mine.

I have so many that are favorites, I couldn't begine to pick my very favorite! Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11559

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:54 am

No, the 2 I ordered have been around awhile: Encyclopedia of pieced blocks and of Applique patterns.
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3403

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:17 pm

My favorite is Cyril Nelson's quilt engagement calendars. I hope to complete the collection someday. My friend has been sending them and the Quilt Art Calendar for twenty five years now at Christmas. He owns more of my quilts than any one other than my offspring. Its not that I copy any quilts, but they are endless inspiration for patterns and color combos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats you favourite quilt book?   Today at 1:14 am

Back to top Go down

Whats you favourite quilt book?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2