The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

What was the last book you purchased?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20332
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: What was the last book you purchased?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 pm

What was the last book you bought? Was it for you or a gift for another, what made you choose it?

the last book I purchased was on free camping spots across tasmania, it was a gift for Bob for his birthday from Laura and I. We know how much he loves to camp, hike and take photos, the book is the kind of refernce he really likes to have at hand. I purchased it in january just past

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:19 am

I can't honestly say. Probably something for the kids. But I belong to a book swap, so am constantly swapping things out. Currently, I am reading The Pillars of the Earth By Ken Follett. So far so good!

we love to camp also! But usually stay at state camp grounds. They aren't expensive, and usually patroled. Makes me feel safer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:09 am

I just bought..but haven't received yet.. America's Glorious Quilts..272 antique quilts. It weighs just over 7lbs...paid 31 for the book..and $3.99 shipping on amazon.com. LOL It's used..because it's an older book. I just love looking at old quilts and the fabrics used in them!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9701
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:59 am

A bunch of Nancy Halvorsen's applique books because Golo kept showing off all those cute patterns. Twisted Evil

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:38 am

The last book I plopped money down for was on Thursday: A music-themed blank book (not any of those on my recent blog post) as an upcoming birthday gift for my friend J2, of Orange Delicious fame. :snort:

Other than that, I seriously can't remember the last book that *I* purchased. Mr. W. bought me a book for Christmas (Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day - OMG, YUM) and he's always buying books for himself.

I have membership to three library systems and a very active account a PaperbackSwap.com - so while I haven't purchased any but blank books/journals in a long, long time I do occasionally get the "new to me" book in a swap.

Currently swapping their way to me are Scrap Saver's 101 Great Little Gifts (for my daughter), Walking in This World: The Practical Art of Creativity (for me, but I'll share with J2), Who Killed Jesus? Exposing the Roots of Anti-Semitism in the Gospel Story of the Death of Jesus (for the church library), and Messenger of Truth: Maisie Dobbs, Book 4 (fiction for me).

Probably more than you needed to know, but... why change my M.O. now? Embarassed

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6321

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 pm

A pocket sudoku book I can put in my purse to do whenever I have to wait. anitas
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh Ann, can I redirect your mail, that book sound delicous LOL

Number of posts : 1971

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 pm

I recently bought "Stranger in the Woods" off Amazon for my great nephew who lives in southern California - he keeps asking about snow. It's the book with the deer eating the carrot nose of a snowman on the cover. http://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Woods-Photographic-Fantasy-Nature/dp/0967174805/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234055642&sr=1-1

Before that I bought "The Host" by Stephenie Meyers for a new bride to take on her honeymoon to read. LOL
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9473

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:24 am

I hate to say.........but it was this past Saturday and it was another quilt magazine! Quilt almanac 2009.

Last week at my daughters I went to their library and bouth Dying to Kill by Linda Howard. So you see I do buy other books........just not as often.... ;)

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 am

I bought 4 sketch books on saturday - hmmm, dont think they count though LOL mind you laura has since turned one into a novel 'its a book about a puma called scratcher" every page has pictures to tell the story LOL

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 am

That's cute! When my DSs were in grade school they wrote little story books. I kept them and they're so fun to have. lovehearts
Back to top Go down
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 304

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:42 am

Does a book of stamps count? lmao
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 am

I'm not going to even try to answer this - I already confessed to my book buying habit in the quilting books thread. Just how much confessing should I have to do?!? :lol:

Buzzy's mom - we gave two versions of Stranger in the Woods for Christmas - one was the original picture book, the other was the little hard-page book for a toddler. We also have the picture book at our house - my 3 year old DGS requested I read it to him twice on Saturday and once early morning Sunday before they left for home!
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 am

The last book I bought was 'The Shack'. I was at Walmart and needed a new read a couple of months ago. It is a thriller, dark, examining the psyche type. I was a little disappointed in it, but my DIL is reading it now and is enthralled with it.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:48 am

Got a new Quilt magazine today... does that count... you know what I will be looking at later.... :)

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Holy cow! The book I ordered came today. It's huge! It's 11"x 14.5" and about 1.5" thick. Weighs 7 lbs. and it has 321 pages. That ought to keep me busy for a while? Thud
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2276

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:22 pm

AnnieOakLeaf wrote:
Holy cow! The book I ordered came today. It's huge! It's 11"x 14.5" and about 1.5" thick. Weighs 7 lbs. and it has 321 pages. That ought to keep me busy for a while? Thud

Whatever you do, Ann, don't read it in bed!! We can't have you dozing off and letting that thing bean you in the noggin! :hammer:

:flower:

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:02 am

LOL..didn't read it in bed..but if I had..it might have crushed me? lmao The large size is nice because the pics are nice and big..but it sure is heavy! :affraid:
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9701

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 am

Not exactly the thing for some "light" reading, Heh?

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3937

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:02 am

The last book I bought was "The Associate" by John Grisham. It is wonderful so far. Also bought the 3rd book in a trilogy by Nora Roberts. It was fabulous as always.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Has anyone heard from Annie Oak Leaf, Im worried that she got squished by that big ol' book, you know - pressed like a fall leaf between the pages lmao

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm OK. lmao It IS a heavy thing though. LOL lmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:29 pm

well dont go trying any weight management plans like flattening yourself in it, gotta watch oak leaves, they dry out if you put them between book pages for too long lmao

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:12 am

lmao
Back to top Go down
Nanaquilts

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Went Walmart last weekend and picked up Grisham's " The Appeal" in paperback. I'm now reading it and it hasn't disappointed me. Grisham can really draw you right into the story.

Nanaquilts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Today at 11:12 am

Back to top Go down

What was the last book you purchased?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next