The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

What was the last book you purchased?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 am

I love Grisham. I haven't read one of his in the long time.
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 pm

I just bought a book about jelly rolls. No, it wasn't a weight control book. More ideas, more patterns...just what I needed for a cold rainy day. Having potato cheese soup with it makes me feel all warm and cosy. I need an escape novel though...any suggestions????
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:09 am

Ohhhhhhhhh Redworker that is just sew funny. Soup sounds real good!

OK hummerlou.....what trilogy by Nora Roberts are you reading? I love her stories.

Annie, your not drying out are you?

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20326

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 pm

http://www.quilterslastresort.com/books-movies-and-music-f5/book-i-m-reading-t14-90.htm

there are some books listed here sound good Nancy :D

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 pm

I love Diane Mott Davidson! Maybe I'll go "shopping" in my bookshelf (about as bad as my fabric stash) and reread a few. I can't seem to walk on my treadmill and read at the same time, so I won't! I'll eat bonbons and read instead. hee hee :lol:
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:56 pm

I just read Double Shot and it was very good. Now reading Tough Cookie and it took longer to get into but getting better now. Hi Nancy! anitas
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:38 pm

redworker - some of my favorite light, fun reads are the Emilie Richards "Ministry is Murder" series. If you read them, I think you should read them in order. Meet the main characters in the first book, "Blessed is the Busybody". http://www.ministryismurder.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:36 pm

I bought a book, I bought a book :yahoo: it cost me $3 american LOL, from the local library, I had just enough change in my purse to get it, its a 1985 edition hardback called
The Log Cabin Quilt Book by Carol Anne Wien, has all the variants of log cabins, great reference book for me, has pineapple versions, parallelograms etc. Im happy :D

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:29 pm

your book sounds great... hope to see some log cabin quilts .. soon...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:31 pm

lmao Golo cracked a funny hope to see some log cabin quilts .. soon... hehehehehe dont hold your breath, I have to finish the whig rose, by the time its done it will have become the whig weed LOL

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:48 am

It sounds like your book was a great bargain Gimpy? I love log cabins..there's no way I could have passed that one by!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:27 pm

well its a bit worn, obviously a well borrowed and used library book but I dont mind that at all, just means lots of quilters had fun with it :-)

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 am

The last book I bought was The Quilter's Kitchen by Jennifer Chiaverini. I read some of the books last fall and had ended with Cirlce of Quilters. So this seemed to be the next in line that I could find when I was allowed in book store. My family also thinks I have too many books.
Back to top Go down
kisuhnz

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:59 pm

I buy books so often I can honestlt say this isn't a fair question...lol

Let's see.....in the past two months...

The entire twilight series (4 books) in both paper and audiobook, John Adams on audio, The adventures of Huckleberry Finn on audio, The Longest Trip Home, Designing Your Sewing Room/Quilt Studio, about 10 paperback romance novels....mindless stuff, Basic Woodworking Designs and Tips on Making Your Own Designs, The Reader, The Host, Suze Orman, 6 books for batiks and scraps (loved the ideas) ....oh yeah....a few cookbooks too

Mags?.... Fons and Porter, McCall's Quilting, Quiltmaker, ...cripes...I give up...too many to list....

I just love reading and listen to audiobooks....I listen when I sew and cannot read...Otherwise I chose to read. I read about a book a night or when I feel really into a rut where I don't wanna get out of bed, I read about 4 a weekend. I recommend any audiobook unabridged as it gives a complete story and someone hasn't hacked it up to shorten it. I also get audiobooks from the library ...Jonathan Stroud, Phillip Pullman, Christopher Paolini, etc
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:27 pm

Kisuhnz.... you do good... I need to get some audio books.. that would work for me while I work or sew...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
kisuhnz

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 pm

I use my iPhone and iPod to listen.... I can take then on walks and into the yard, too. I have about 20 audiobooks I listen to but have only so much space to put them on. I recommend anything with ext speakers or a cd player. I prefer books to tv anyday.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:26 am

Oh I used to read a book or more a day, loved weekends just sitting around reading and reading, new worlds to enter and explore, love books. We had audio cds from library for the car when laura was a baby.

I just recieved a book I bought from New Zealand, 2nd hand its called Quilting Manual by Dolores A Hinson, been wanting it for some time and with their dollar less than ours and being 2nd hand I got it for $10, thats my latest book, think I want to go to Kims place though, sounds like she has lots of newbies to fossick in

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:53 am

Suuuuuuure....come on over. Things may get a little tight, but who cares... LOL

I may head over to the library though again... I want to grab some more books on CD to copy and have on file before some one destroys them.
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:40 am

nehounou you can get all of Jennifer Chiaverini's book on half.com and amazon, they are good prices on there, I have them all and love reading them, I love books,, I see one and just from the cover will buy it, some day I'll have a chance to sit and read some of them lol.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:23 pm

I know I have too many books...I always read about times in the past when owning a book was almost unheard of...and actaully having a book of our own meant you were truly blessed...
the last book I purchased was this last weekend while with my DS and DIL....it was Sugar Camp Quilt ...had not read it...Also bought a book about embroidery quilts...
My Mom gave me the book Winding Ways quilt...I thought I had read it...but I hadn't...sooo I think I just neet to read Jennifer's newest book to be caught up with her...I did get an older book by Arlene Sachitano...haven't read it yet...but very anxious to.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Well I didnt purchase it but I was just given for my birthday the quilt book Simple Seasons by Kim Diehl and its beautiful, what a wonderful gift from a woderful friend :-)

I also got a few books at a quilt store, owner was selling her old books for $2 each, DH found them, I got one I have been trying to get for a couple of years now, A Quilters Companion by Dolores A Hinson, also got a smal pocket applique book with 40+ patterns in it, a book on Strip Patchwork the Seminole Way and another Bob found called For My Friends and its all american indian designs. lastly Bob found a booklet of postcards from the Yakim Valley Museum & Historical Society, its 24 postcards with colour photos of museum quilts, what a great inspirational eye candy book. I was thrlled, I only have a few books and in one week my library increased greatly

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 am

Well its been a while since anyone posted here, a couple of days ago I was lucky enough to find Elm Creek Quilts for sale, it was in a trolley full of junk with a sign saying 50% off marked price, originally $49 after many markdowns I got it for $5 - :yahoo: I had admired the book yrs back when it came out, even helped my mum order one from amazon and finally I have a copy too, I love hte pomegranate quilt in it.

Bob recently bought me Barbara Brackmans "Quilts from the Civil War" so Im busy reading it

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

It sure is fun to get those bargains! I'm not familiar with that specific pomegranate quilt..but I've never seen one I didn't like!

I'm about halfway through Quilts From the Civil War. It's an interesting book. I got it because I have a pretty good collection of repro fabrics and wanted to use them in a quilt that was true to the era.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:57 pm

I just bought 2 from Barns and Noble. 2008 Better Homes and Garden: "The Complete Guide To Quilting." They only cost me $11.68 each. DD is picking them up for me at the Columbus store that's near her. We don't have one where I live.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Love Mercy by Earlene Fowler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the last book you purchased?   Today at 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down

What was the last book you purchased?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next