The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Nine patch swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 am

Deb, I think making a quilt for DD or DH of Merry Bee is an excellent idea and will remind them of all her friends here. I will help in any way I can. Just let me know.

Karen
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:32 am

Names is the Swap
Abertquiltmom9
AnitaM
Bin4given
Bearfoot
Breezepines 2002
Betweens
Bunny
Golo
qwenniem
Jessicaquilts
Karen Lumley
krsttallees
Linda2B
Luv2sew
Marian
MerryBee
nuffsaid
Paws
Polksa
Quiltbrain
Redmadder
Redwork2002
Redwork
schnookie
stcycly66
stillstichinalva
tlcquiltnut
Tumbleweed
Wlrquilts

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Luv2sew

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:35 pm

I know exactly what you mean, Debb. I feel so heart sick over losing MerryBee. It hardly seems real, does it.

I think that's a super idea to do up a quilt and how lovely of you to suggest it. I too think the family will be very touched to have something Mary was involved in, as they know how she loved her quilt forum.
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:13 pm

I think that would be a nice thing to do Betweens. I would be happy to chip in whatever way you my need aslo. Will you be making it from her blocks or from all of ours?

It is so hard to read about MerryBee sends me into tears...she was such a nice person and we will all have wonderful memories from her.
Back to top Go down
nuffsaid

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Well, I am still in the swap, altho I have yet to sew one block. I have been unbelievably busy, but today, people went home, and now these blocks will be my top priority.

I, too, am very saddened by Merry Bee's untimely death. I think the idea of making her blocks into a quilt for her family is a wonderful idea. I wish I could help, but being in Hungary makes such things a lot more difficult!

Looking forward to this swap, Carolyn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nine patches-great support   Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:19 pm

As always this group is soooo supportive..

Marytx if you still want in...Please send your 30 blocks and I will send 30 back. Merry Bee did not send her blocks I am sure they are probably around her stash somewhere... but If I get the 30 that would be great but please don't have her daughter fret...but if she does find them and it is not to much trouble would she be able to sign them how she sees fit.. I am sure everyone would love to have this as their rememberance.. here I go speaking for everyone hope you don't mind

Bearfoot are you not the machine quilter?? (Gimpy's) would I be able to petition you to do that lovely machine quilting again?
Any monies I receive I will forward to you for costs. Ladies sending the fat quarters I will use them for the nine patch blocks btw the fabrics are just so fabulous...thanks

Polksa.. I need a big big favor.. your blocks that are being signed for you can I please use them for Merry Bee's quilt. I only ask cause some people already signed their block for you and I have their blocks I would feel really bad if they didn't have a signed block in the quilt.

We can have another swap on another block some other time and get signatures for you (I hope everyone is remembering to sign one block... if the rest would like to sign 2 one for Polksa and one for Merrybee) that would be better... I have more blocks but will have to get back to you on that tomorrow.. I have to get some shut eye working nights tonight after a day shift today and then heading for a 2hour drive to a quilt show in Buckhorn Ontario.

again comments and suggestions are always appreciated and believe me I had no doubt about the support in this fabulous group...I cannot express how I feel but right now everytime I open this forum I have a swell that starts from my heart to my eyes and it catches my breath.

Remember this nine patch swap started out for support for my poor nine patches that were not going to have a home and my goal was 30 blocks and you helped make it.
"you have the bunny beat!! The Quilters that just keeps giving, and giving and giviing"

Deb

Deb
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9479

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 pm

I will check on those blocks. Her DD told me to let her know.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:59 pm

betweens wrote:

Bearfoot are you not the machine quilter?? (Gimpy's) would I be able to petition you to do that lovely machine quilting again?
Any monies I receive I will forward to you for costs. Ladies sending the fat quarters I will use them for the nine patch blocks btw the fabrics are just so fabulous...thanks
Linda 2B did the machine quilting on Gimpy's quilt...but I think I could coerce her into doing this one...I know where she lives.... lol!
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1821

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:57 pm

deb,, you here? lol... did you figure out that the one on calle santa cruz was mine? you'll find out when you open it,, it's all inside,,,
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

Number of posts : 1081

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 am

Deb, my Nine Patches are in the mail :yahoo: .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:10 pm

I still have to finish mine. But I am in.

Polska
Back to top Go down
nuffsaid

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 am

Me too, me too, I'm still in! I have fabrics chosen for the blocks, and I will start sewing this afternoon once I am home from church! :D Carolyn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:48 am

I'm still in too. Mine will be on their way to Deb's this week.
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3479

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:33 am

I think it is a wonderful idea for MaryBee's family, a wonderful memory!!!!

Should we include extra blocks to help out. Or should we sent another type of block in MaryBee's memory?

I need to get to sewing on nine patches....time is ticking away!!!

Alicia

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: blocks for Merry Bee   Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:31 pm

It is up to you if you would like to make more blocks I am going to use 30 that was to be hers anyways and will use the ones that were signed for her family to remember us by if you want to sign 2 blocks that is fine we can send the other to Polksa as requested.. but the priority is your first thirty.. so the Fabric Witch is now putting a magic spell that you can only think and do your nine patch blocks nothin else until they are done and in the mail... get cracking the end of the month is coming soon.. (I can't believe I am saying this!!) do you remember this was before summer started that we planned on this!! where the heck did it go?? but I do love fall.. thank goodness it is around the corner...

OT: can someone come to my house and upload my pics I am having such a hard time not to the site just out of my "blinking camera" would be nice.. arrrrrrrrrrgh..

Deb
Back to top Go down
Merry Bee's Girl

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:14 pm

You all are so sweet and thoughtful! Your messages and offer to put the quilt together is unbelievable!

We did find 20 nine patch blocks. We'll send them in. I saw the instructions are on the sticky message. I saw the discussion about them...they are not signed. Do you think I should sign them on Mom's behalf? I'll be there this weekend. If I know what to do I can try to get them out on Saturday or early next week sometime.

I hope they are a comfort to you...I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to lose someone you cared about without having the chance to meet her. I know some of you were making plans to get together at different events. Maybe it will help in some small way.

I found some bullseye blocks. Do you know anything about them? Do you think those are the ones she received from the swap or the ones Mom made? My instinct is that they are from different people...but I'm not sure. There sure are a lot of mysteries in Mom's quilting stash! I've learned a lot about her during this process.

~Merry Bee's Girl
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 pm

MerryBee's Girl, BearFoot took care of the Bulls Eye Swap. She has all the info. you need there. She knows who had sent and who had rec. their blocks.
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Merry Bee's Girl wrote:

I found some bullseye blocks. Do you know anything about them? Do you think those are the ones she received from the swap or the ones Mom made? My instinct is that they are from different people...but I'm not sure. There sure are a lot of mysteries in Mom's quilting stash! I've learned a lot about her during this process.

~Merry Bee's Girl

She should have received her Bullseye Blocks and the one's she received should be signed by the swappers (except me...apparently I had a brain F_rt or something and forgot to sign mine!) If the one's you found are unsigned then they might be extras she made to go with the signed ones. While I think of it...did she have someone to do her long arm quilting that might NOT be aware of what is going on? It would be a shame to have a quilt of her's off somewhere being quilted that never makes it back home!
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 am

Does anyone know if Betweens haves a new updated list of the people whom she has recieved nine patch blocks from yet? She had one going on QS but I haven't seen it here, I might be looking in the wrong places. I know she is a very busy person and I don't mean to make more work for her!

Thanks
Schnookie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm here Schnook.. never ever ever to busy to answer questions and say hello.. so bug me anytime!!!
I got your package.. I have the list in word doc and I am marking them off.. I am not getting to many right now though.. hint hint... lets start seeing some of those packages my mail man still has a light step!!

I have about 5 packages all together... I will open them and just peek who they are all from and update you tomorrow..
OT.. if you all want to see some of the things I have been up to my blog has been updated..

Deb
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Pony Express has had mine in-route for 5 days now.
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:01 pm

Betweens, you have been one busy quilter that is for sure!, I love the music that you picked out for your blog. Your mothers quilt is BEAUTIFUL, and your Mum is pretty in pink!

I just love "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" what a great quilt, I really need to take a class on Stack and Wack...it looks like so much fun. And how much fun it must have been cutting and sewing the Sunflower fabric...once again another great quilt you have made.

After seeing what you accomplished over time, I feel so slow with everything, and then to boot you are keeping up with all the posts.

Paws we need to make sure that pony when it returns has a appointment to have new shoes put on, maybe it will help him next time to trot a little faster.

Last edited by Schnookie on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: great use of words   Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:11 am

Schook.. you have a great use of words.. I chuckled about the pony express..

Remember I don't have kids so my time is spent only working and quilting. I do belong to a couple of organizatioins for volunteer basis as well... but I work for my quilting it is a passion... honestly.

If I can find someone to talk about it then I am there...I mean what else is there to talk about?

I hope all the ladies are finding this post alright and are able to see that everyone is getting their blocks in.. when mom was here we had also made her blocks for the swap as well..

thanks for all your wonderful words about my quilts they are fun to make! and can be easy as long as you take your time and are accurate with your cutting and sewing. The Rose garden quilt was made with the same hydrangea fabric as what mother used but a different color combination...I think I bought every color combination going!!LOL

Deb
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:15 am

Deb, My blocks are going in the mail today. Finished up last night and packaged, hopefully to directions.

Karen (Alva Quilter) :yahoo:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:38 am

Deb - mine were sent Monday so they should be there soon. Thanks for all you do for us!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Today at 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down

Nine patch swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next