The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Nine patch swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:50 am

Annie, I checked out the site as well. I really like the Stars over my Grammy quilt. I also get the magazine so I'll have to look back to see if they have the pattern for that one.
Thanks for sharing.
Karen
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 am

Whoohoo! The first of my old magazines I picked up to browse through had an article on using mens ties in quilts. I have a huge stash of silk mens ties that I buy up at thrift stores for just this purpose. Now I'm excited about doing something with them! I have about a third of them opened up and laundered. Good project for upcoming road trip over Thanksgiving! I was looking for a small project to take along.
So glad for the ideas we all share here. Don't have anyone locally that I really share my quilting interest with so this is a great place for sharing and getting ideas. Thanks.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:00 am

Nice site for sure lots to look at, they even have a spinning nine patch that is I think a Stack and whack like Between’s specialty!
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Does anyone have the pattern for the stars in the Stars Over My Grammy quilt? The rays of the stars are different lengths. Could it be PP? I don't have enough quilting knowledge to figure it out. Sorry. Embarassed I tried to find the pattern but was not successful.

Karen
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 pm

StillStitchinInAlva wrote:
Does anyone have the pattern for the stars in the Stars Over My Grammy quilt? The rays of the stars are different lengths. Could it be PP? I don't have enough quilting knowledge to figure it out. Sorry. Embarassed I tried to find the pattern but was not successful.

Karen
Is there a picture of this somewhere here? I could probably draw it in EQ6 if I can see a picture.
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:35 am

Bearfoot, No there is no picture on the forum. Annie put the website in her post of Sun. Nov. 23 so we could see 9-patch gallery at Quilter's Newletter Magazine. I'm sorry I am so dumb about not being able to figure out the star pattern. It looks somewhat like a flying geese block but the background is bigger and the colored portion of the block is different sizes. I supposed I could figure it out by trying to make flying geese pattern like I usually do. They seem to come out cattawompice (sp) anyway! :x

Karen
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1821

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:33 am

wow everyones' doing such great work with their nine patches,, I can't wait to see when they are all done.. mine is coming along slooooowwwly but by next monday should have enough done to show a quick look at what it will look like,, going to work on it this weekend at the river,, should have alot of time during the boat races..
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:04 am

I can't tell for sure, but I think the stars are made using the "Free Form Star" from the same website. Here are the instructions
http://qnm.com/articles/feature23/index3.html

I have seen this quilt in a magazine, I think. I will check some of my newer mags and see if it is in there...but the info above would make good stars for this. It looks to me like she made all the stars about the same in the quilt. Hopefully, that will help!
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Bearfoot, That looks like it might work. I'll go back later to site and copy for reference when I work on the 9-patch blocks. Thanks for your time and effort on this. lovehearts

Karen
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:45 pm

I fell head over heals with the sam quilt Stars over my Grammy...I think you have the right star there. The stars do look all about the same and the center looks like it is the same size as the nine patch center. This would go real well with all the wonderful nines we shared.
Been looking for the pattern for that quilt but have not come across it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Karen..this might work for the stars too?
http://quiltville.com/maverickstars.shtml
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Annie, Thanks. I think I already have that printed out somewhere but I printed it out again just in case. I believe I would make a solid center rather than the 4-square (although it might go okay sized right with the 9-patches) I'll try a sample of this star and the one Bearfoot found to see what they look like made up.

Karen
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Actually, I think the Maverick Stars looks closer to the Stars over my Grammy quilt than the one I posted! Either could work though.
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9479

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:06 am

Betweens, I just have to tell you--Merry bee's quilt is the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time. I couldn't begin to fathom how you were going to put together Bullseye blocks and 9 patches. It is wonderful. Just wonderful.

I just know her family will treasure this.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:52 pm

TLC I was glad to hear that you looked at MB's quilt that Betweens is doing...it just tickled my heart to see how wonderful it is turning out. Moreover, to think we all made blocks that are going into it also! How cool is that!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Isn't betweens creative??? its looking great...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

Number of posts : 1081

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Deb, it's looking might darn good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:26 pm

I hear that Quiltbrain still has not rec'd her blocks has anyone else not rec'd them?? I had not checked everyone off on who got theirs.. under the impression there would be no glitches.. not a very good organizer am I?? I hope they do come before the holidays.. all the envelopes were used that had the return address on them.. may want to check at your post office and maybe your neighbours.. I sometimes get a package from a neighbour that belongs to me.. same number different street..

Thanks ladies for the compliments.. I have it all togeth except for the boarder.. I just thought of what I am doing with the boarder.. I still had 12 nine patches to put in.. part of the challenge is to use every ninepatch!! and I finally figured out what to do.. so I will be working on it again this week with the new idea and will post again the whole thing when all done.. for the quilting it is going to be basic grid quilting.. there is so much going on and I want to just have the blocks as the showcase rather than the quilting.. LOL

Thanks for the boast as usual you ladies are the best..
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm

betweens, looking good,,,, and I did receive all mine,,here's what I decided to do with my blocks , oragami,,
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Breezie that is really thinking outside the box.... GREAT!!!!! looking forward to seeing this one finished....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks, Deb, for organizing this swap. I think you did a great job!

Bonnie, that looks fantastic...and I think that is my block in the center there! :)
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

Number of posts : 1081

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Bonnie, looks great!! You are so creative Thumbup .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:54 am

Bonnie.. you have your work cut out for you (LOL pun intended) I love what you have done.. I can't wait to see the end product.. we have a teacher here that teaches origami fabric folding technique's and they are wonderful!! what a way to spice up a plan block..
Wow you ladies are so creative.. it is hard to keep up. but great to keep the creativity going.
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Ooolala, that is looking mighty nice Breese, is it easy to make the flower shapes?
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:33 pm

no , it's not hard, you just fold them like you would paper and then sew them to the other squares.. easy easy easy,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nine patch swap   Today at 2:49 am

Back to top Go down

Nine patch swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next