The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Apron Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:12 pm

(Cross-posted)
It looks like they've made the list of Finalists on the Apron Challenge; it doesn't look either of "our" teams made it.

You can find everyone's aprons still at http://my.allpeoplequilt.com/photos/quilts-and-more-quarterly-challenge/challenge-2/. The finalists are at http://my.allpeoplequilt.com/app/voting/index.jsp?id=/templatedata/apq/voting/data/1245435731835.xml

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9701
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Well ya'll all had my vote! Your aprons were way cuter than some on the finalists list!

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20332
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Well for crying out loud, if the folks running that comp are all future residents of the looney bin they should have said so, they are nuts, nuts, nuts, your aprons were beautiful and Im with Mary Ann, way nicer than some of the ones chosen. Im really dissapointed for all of you big sigh thats rotten.

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, it was fun and I enjoyed making all my aprons... loved FBs.... on to the next challenge....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:50 am

I'm perfectly fine with not "winning". I did have fun with the apron part (the website part wasn't much of a joy Knuppel ) - doing something like this is out of my usual comfort zone, so I'm very pleased that Golo was willing to be my partner and cheered me on. :yahoo:

One thing that I think I always knew but now will put right up front: I am not an embellisher. Maybe that's how some of the finalist aprons were chosen, for their embellishments - but for me, even adding that extra (extraneous!) ruffle on the pocket was a bit of a stretch! Sequins and laces and ric-rack and ribbons and yoyos... Not for me.

(Now watch and by the end of the week I will have found a pattern that I adore that requires all of the above!! lmao )

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:49 am

FiberBabble wrote:
I'm perfectly fine with not "winning". I did have fun with the apron part (the website part wasn't much of a joy Knuppel ) - doing something like this is out of my usual comfort zone, so I'm very pleased that Golo was willing to be my partner and cheered me on. :yahoo:

One thing that I think I always knew but now will put right up front: I am not an embellisher. Maybe that's how some of the finalist aprons were chosen, for their embellishments - but for me, even adding that extra (extraneous!) ruffle on the pocket was a bit of a stretch! Sequins and laces and ric-rack and ribbons and yoyos... Not for me.

(Now watch and by the end of the week I will have found a pattern that I adore that requires all of the above!! lmao )

I am fine with not being a finalist as well. It was more fun to come up with a theme. The computer part kind of irritated me as well. I am glad that hummerlou was willing to do that part.

That pattern was out of my comfort zone too. I am not a frills kind of girl. I am a tomboy. Ruffles and lace are not my thing. But that pattern shouted for it. I like to embellish which is why I put the crystals on and the applique flowers... It is the ruffles that threw me for a loop. I am learning though.... DD is a girly girl. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3937

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 am

It was a fun project and we have some cute aprons to show for it! :yahoo:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:09 pm

Well nuts! angry I wanted one of you all to win! I guess if you had fun making your aprons and enjoyed the fellowship of working with someone..you're still winners? I wish they had made it an open vote though!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 pm

There were so many pairs... like close to a hundred. I think it would be hard to to have an open vote.... but perhaps if they had, then taken the 10 finalists from the open vote and voted again... that would have been fair.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20332

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 pm

PrincessKris wrote:
There were so many pairs... like close to a hundred. I think it would be hard to to have an open vote.... but perhaps if they had, then taken the 10 finalists from the open vote and voted again... that would have been fair.

I agree, vote for top 10 pairs then vote again for winner, makes it more interactive and fun for everyone. In my books though, you gals are the winners, I loved your aprons and knowing you were working out of usual comfort zones etc, you have my admiration clap clap

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Today at 11:11 am

Back to top Go down

Apron Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6