The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Apron Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 6:37 pm

It is in pieces. LOL! MIL just gave me some eyelet lacy stuff for the bottom edge and pocket. It will be pretty. I hope you like it. I also found some scarlet petals to make my carnation applique out of. I think it will be neat. I hope so. HAHA
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm sure it will be beautiful!!!!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 6:39 pm

I hope so. It may stink... cannot say until I get it made. HAHA
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Hummer, love the fabric you used... ... Thumbup

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Very cute Hummer....its a very cheeful apron!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9696

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 pm

"The eyes of Texas are upon you......." Love that apron Louann. Probably won't surprise you to know that I have that fabric too. :D

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Well, ladies, I don't happen to have that fabric! But - I sure do like that apron!! If I had one I'd wear it proudly in honor of my Texas friends! (hint - hint - lmao ) Hummer, that apron is so cute! Can't wait to see yours, PK from Ohio!!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Mon May 18, 2009 6:36 am

I got it cut out last night and the eyelet lacy thing sewn to the bottom... even started pinning the ruffle to the bottom when DH decided it was time for me to go to bed. (It was after midnight....) He seems to think that I need to go to bed when he does. Not sure about that one. HAHA Silly man. He cannot seem to go to sleep without me. Too weird.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Mon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Be forewarned, Ms. QBee from Minnesota, mine might just end up on your door step. HAHA
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11559

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 am

I willenjoy your projects, but i don't do aprons.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11559

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 am

Until the day I discovered I'd had just been forced into early retirement, I worked full time and did almost all of the shopping. However, I don't think there were more than 2 or 3 times that I wanted to go somewhere that DH was opposed, and generally ready to take me. Since my kids are 8 1/2 years apart, the two of them were never a problem in a store, if I had BOTH of them, but the younger one was an escape artist, so I learned to take either his older brother or his father to keep him corralled.

The only problem is the usual one: Males are unable to ask for directions. Mine, also, has absolutely no sense of direction. You would think that if he turned Right to get into a parking lot, he would know he has to turn LEFT to leave. HA!

The one time I wanted to go to a movie and DH was not interested, I got a long-time male friend to go with me. DH got his nose really out of joint over that, then cooled down and admitted he did not think I was 'running around' on him, merely very surprised.
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Tue May 19, 2009 7:59 am

I think that is where I made my mistake....I always worked part time (30 hours) and always did all the shopping...all the cleaning....treated DH like a king. If I had it to do over again I think I would have lessoned my burden some. I think it would have been better for my DH, though if you listen to him talk he was "very involved" no offence to him but he really doesn't have a clue just what "involved" really was.
I always took all three kids (three kids in four years) everywhere with me, When they got to an age where they wandered off I made it a point right off to let them "get lost in the store" while i crept between rows always keeping an eye on them (might sound cruel but it worked like a charm, the fear they felt at getting lost was enough to where they never wandered again).
For the most part it was an adventure shopping....I remember like yesterday at the grocers, I had two kids in one buggy, and the baby and food in the second buggy and pulling one pushing the other (this is how I grocery shopped) and I come around to a new isle and a woman...quite pregnant with two small kids in her single buggy starred as I went by, her eyes wide (perring into her future)...she looked scared!!! lmao
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Tue May 19, 2009 11:09 am

PrincessKris wrote:
Be forewarned, Ms. QBee from Minnesota, mine might just end up on your door step. HAHA

Now that's a threat I like!!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Then it is yours. Though I wonder if it would be better to just pitch it. You might hate it.

Actually, I was having trouble with my pocket. I was dissatisfied with it, of course. Can't make a woman happy. (Thanks DH for that one... GRRR) I had a white on white for the main pocket with a solid red on top (that matches my ties and ruffle on the bottom) and the eyelet of course (white) and just could not make it look like I wanted. So I went back to the store and found some blue (with help, thanks to Kristy an employee) and will try it again, after the blue comes out of the wash. I am waiting for the washer right now..... NOT very patiently, I might add. HAHA I hope to finish it tonight. The blue felt better when I was trying it out at the store. Boy, I hope this works.
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Fri May 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Ok, PK, here's my second one. Which one do you like the best?

This one is a border fabric, so all of the pieces are part of the same fabric. I dreamt about this one last night, so just had to find my fabric today and make it up. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20321

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Fri May 22, 2009 10:22 pm

I love the blue one best of all :D but the are both beautiful, well done and you with a sore tooth and all clap

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sat May 23, 2009 6:17 am

Now that is a tough decision. The Texas one goes with the State theme that mine is based on, the Ohio state bird and flower. But the flowers and feminine look goes perfectly with the feminine look mine has. That is going to be tough. I will mine posted here in a day or two. I have had more pocket problems. I am trying to do something that seems to not want to be done. GRRRRR Here is the problem. I want to put a dimensional applique on the pocket... the carnation... but the main fabric I used is too busy. I have been looking for a fabric to go behind the applique. I tried a white on white. It did not look right. I went searching.... I found a blue that has a lighter blue that is the same shade as the blue in the background of my main fabric, BUT DH did not like it; he said it is too dark... he is right, I think, but I cannot seem to find the right blue so I might just use that one anyway. I really want this to work. I think that it would just make the apron. I am going to one more store today. (Well, maybe two.... haha) If I cannot find the blue I am going to use the darker blue and just make more than one applique, to try to hide it. Everything is ready but the pocket. The appliques are made, the stems, leaves and blooms... everything is ready to go... just need the lower pocket. GRRRR I should have found something easier to match!
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sat May 23, 2009 8:11 am

They are both lovely aprons, Lou! - but here's my 2 cents worth. . . I think the idea of you and your partner PK entering state theme aprons is such a fun and clever idea. For that reason, I'd choose your Texas apron as the one to enter.
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 am

I agree with you QBee! I may have to stop by JoAnn today and see what I can find, or my LQS. I want her to have a choice.
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sat May 23, 2009 1:04 pm

PK, I found some fabric with the Texas flag and then hearts with the flag colors on it. Phases "I Love Texas" all over it. I'll make another apron from this and then you can pick which one for our challenge. OK?
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20321

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sat May 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Ahhhh I didnt realise you were state themeing, Im behind on some stuff here sorry. If you are aiming to do state aprons then yes, the other one is perfect but I cant wait to see what the new one will be!

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Sun May 24, 2009 5:55 am

OOOHHH that I love Texas fabric sounds really nice too! I have found some fabric with the states (all 50) on in with the names of the states and their flowers and birds. Very cool. I wish I could find some with I love Ohio or something like that. Oh well, best I can do is football teams. There is an idea... HAHA I would have to find some Bronco fabric. I do not think there is enough time for that. I would have to have my mom send it to me. HEHEHE Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Mon May 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Hummer absolutely love the last one you posted.... Thumbup

Golo

Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Mon May 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks, but I went and bought some fabric to use with my "I Love Texas" fabric today. I'm gonna make up one more "Texas" apron. Were you one of us that use aprons or not?
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Mon May 25, 2009 5:33 pm

I love aprons... wear them and decorate with the... :D

Golo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apron Challenge   Today at 1:10 am

Back to top Go down