The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars

Share | 

Geocities is Closing Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2252
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Geocities is Closing Down   Sun May 17, 2009 8:23 pm

"Later in the year" Yahoo's Geocities pages will be going away.

Many of us may have bookmarks to geocities sites - be sure to visit them and save them to your computer.

When AOL's Hometown sites went away the screaming was heard 'round the world angry - because no matter how much warning they gave (and they gave quite a bit), there were still site owners who didn't back up or move their sites - everything was GONE. Gone, gone, gone. :affraid:

Since Yahoo! hasn't given a specific go-away date, it's better to do this sooner rather than later!

I use Firefox for internet stuff. When I go to Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks, I see a list of the names of my bookmarks (favorites?) next to their web address. This will be my first step - I'll look for sites that are at geocities.com, then I'll go to the sites and decide if I want to print or save or otherwise store the information there.

Someone else might need to step in with Internet Explorer info here.

Quote :
BTW, y'all: My geocities.com Bullseye Quilt is how you found me and how I found you lovehearts Somewhere along the way I 'broke' it, but I have backed up all of my info so I can rebuild it when I find a new place to host my pages.

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Geocities is Closing Down   Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I've already got a lot of dead geocities links. its going to be a tedious task I have far too many favorites
Back to top Go down

Geocities is Closing Down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1