The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy July Everyone!!!

Share | 

Geocities is Closing Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2319
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Geocities is Closing Down   Sun May 17, 2009 8:23 pm

"Later in the year" Yahoo's Geocities pages will be going away.

Many of us may have bookmarks to geocities sites - be sure to visit them and save them to your computer.

When AOL's Hometown sites went away the screaming was heard 'round the world angry - because no matter how much warning they gave (and they gave quite a bit), there were still site owners who didn't back up or move their sites - everything was GONE. Gone, gone, gone. :affraid:

Since Yahoo! hasn't given a specific go-away date, it's better to do this sooner rather than later!

I use Firefox for internet stuff. When I go to Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks, I see a list of the names of my bookmarks (favorites?) next to their web address. This will be my first step - I'll look for sites that are at geocities.com, then I'll go to the sites and decide if I want to print or save or otherwise store the information there.

Someone else might need to step in with Internet Explorer info here.

Quote :
BTW, y'all: My geocities.com Bullseye Quilt is how you found me and how I found you lovehearts Somewhere along the way I 'broke' it, but I have backed up all of my info so I can rebuild it when I find a new place to host my pages.

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Geocities is Closing Down   Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I've already got a lot of dead geocities links. its going to be a tedious task I have far too many favorites
Back to top Go down

Geocities is Closing Down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1